Friday, August 27, 2010

facing the future with God

as teenagers, lots of things change in life. you were not that kid anymore who used to worried only about school works and projects. yes we do grow up and have even bigger problems which we wouldn't probably understand when we were little. for instance, your future. i'm only having a year time before i graduate and i still do not know which major should i take when i will go to university. even my sister, who is two years younger than me has her future planned already from now. and i should feel embarrassed for that because she thinks more mature than i do. the future scares me. because honestly i haven't plan my future, i don't know who will i become or what do i wanna be. everyone has a dream, and i should too.

Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future"

this verse truly encourages me and brings me hope. well, who cares about my future? my parents? my family? my friends? teenagers around the world, i want to say this to you and remind all of you that our God, the mighty saviour and our King, has already planned everything good for our future. be not afraid because our Father said, He has plans to give us hope and a future.  Even if i was concerned with my future and didn't know anything to do with it, the most effective way to overcome it is to pray to the Lord. God will give us the spirit and strength to choose the right path because He has plans to prosper us and not to harm us.

well, i think this is the problem most of us are facing when we are about to graduate. the one thing we can't resist to face, our future. our decision will determines us after we finished university. our choice of what major should we take will determine our job, and if it was wrong, then you can't rewind time. Thus, it's very wise to hand our future only in God's hand who will never fail us nor forsake us.

victoriajess

No comments:

Post a Comment